Google Ad

PE fund Advent International buys controlling stake in API producer RA Chem Pharma – Home Health Choices

MUMBAI: Private fairness fund Advent International has agreed to purchase a controlling stake in Hyderabad-based API producer Ra Chem Pharma from its dad or mum Bangalore-based Micro Labs in a deal valuing the corporate for about Rs 1300 crore, mentioned a number of folks conscious of the event.

The US non-public fairness fund is known to have pipped a rival provide from a consortium consists of one other PE fund Carlyle Group and former Mylan Labs CEO Hari Babu.

Under the settlement, Advent will at present purchase about 74% stake in RA Chem and the remaining 26% will probably be purchased at a later stage.

Advent International has joined the race to amass a 100 p.c stake in Hyderabad-based API producer Ra Chem Pharma, ET first reported On 9 July. In 2017, Micro Labs had acquired about 74 p.c stake within the agency for Rs 332 crore, and its stake elevated to 84 p.c in 2019.

This is Advent’s sixth funding within the healthcare sector globally and seventh funding in India over the previous twelve months. Nomura acted as the only real monetary advisor to Micro Labs for the transaction.

While the core focus is API, over time RA Chem has built-in into Pellets, Formulations and Clinical Research to offer end-to-end choices to its clients. Its product portfolio ranges from prescription drugs to area of interest areas of Animal well being and Cosmeceuticals; supported by four manufacturing items, 2 R&D laboratories and a medical analysis facility, mentioned an organization assertion.

Advent has dedicated over $1.7 billion globally in six firms throughout the healthcare sector within the final 12 months. The agency has additionally dedicated greater than $700 million in seven Indian companies over the identical interval in assorted sectors equivalent to healthcare, client, and monetary companies amongst others.

“We continue to be excited about India’s pharmaceutical landscape and investing in RA Chem Pharma will further strengthen our presence in the sector. We aim to build one of the leading API platforms in India and will leverage our financial and operational resources globally to scale RA Chem Pharma both organically and inorganically.” mentioned Shweta Jalan, a Managing Director and Head of India at Advent International, India.

“We are very pleased with this transaction and are excited to partner with Advent. We strongly believe that this transaction will further build upon RA Chem’s strengths to continue its journey to deliver high quality, niche and specialized products to its customers globally.” mentioned Dilip Surana, Chairman and Managing Director, Micro Labs Limited.

Founded in 2003, RA Chem Pharma owns US FDA accredited items in Jaggayyapeta (Andhra Pradesh), Nacharam, and Balanagar (Telangana). It manufactures APIs and formulations and undertakes medical analysis. For FY19, RA Chem has posted a income of Rs.461 crore, with a revenue of Rs.52 crore.

Advent International has been investing in India since 2007 and the agency has deployed greater than $1.7 billion in 9 Indian firms over the previous 13 years. Investments embrace Aditya Birla Capital, Manjushree Technopack, Dixcy Textiles, ASK Group, QuEST, Bharat Serums & Vaccines, DFM Foods Ltd and Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals.

Advent International has important expertise within the healthcare trade globally. In the previous 30 years, the agency has invested or dedicated over $9 billion in 48 firms within the sector, together with 20 companies concerned in pharmaceutical R&D, manufacturing and distribution.

In 2020, India has witnessed giant PE buyouts within the prescription drugs & healthcare sector value $1.5 billion.

In June, Carlyle agreed to purchase 20 p.c stake in Piramal group’s pharmaceutical enterprise for about Rs 3700 crore and Carlyle additionally picked a 74% stake in animal well being targeted pharmaceutical firm SeQuent Scientific for about Rs 1,580 crore in May.

US non-public fairness big KKR had agreed to amass about 54 per cent stake in Mumbai-based drug producer JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals, for Rs three,100 crore within the first week of July.

Latest Updates

Related Post